Sand in to Grass?

Delenara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I own a bit of land on mainland and I was wondering if its possible to change the land texture from sand to grass and if it can be, how.

I read everything I could find but its still not very clear to me and I couldn't find a straight answer. 

On the mainland sand turns into grass dependent on the elevation. You cannot "retexture" mainland (other than adding a prim or some terrain cover as already mentioned). What you MIGHT be able to do depending on your land is RAISE the land with the terrain tools. Land near water level is grass but as you move up in elevation it turns to grass.

That is your only NATURAL method and it will be dependent on your lot. You can only terraform a bit on mainland, but I have successfully turned sand to grass on one end of a larger plot.

Good luck.

If you go the route of covering your existing parcel with a thin prim to apply a grass texture to, there are some free grass textures in the "library" part of your inventory.  Also, if you do some exploring in the areas with the Linden Homes, and find the welcome centers for each of the Linden Home categories, there are free texture packs there.  I really like using the shire roof grass texture as a texture for grass at my house. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.