SO MAD!

Sarahbuxso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is no guarantee that they will sell land to you directly.  If they think the parcel in question is worth more than the $1L per meter they usually charge, they will auction it to get the highest price they can for it.

You can bid on it yourself up to the amount that you were willing to pay for it.  You might get it.

My dear friend Sarah.

I really feel sorry for your unpleasant situation.

But LL is having a straight policy of how they will deal with a claim request.

Here I am copying the proper page and i am putting in red the critical parts of it so you can read it with your own eyes.

How to request purchase of abandoned land

If you find abandoned land that you would like to own, please make the request by submitting a support case.  If you do not have a solid claim to the parcel (see below), we will try to make the land available via auction or abandoned land sale.  There are some cases where we may not be able to make abandoned land available for sale.

To request sale of abandoned land, submit a support case in Land/Parcel Issues and provide the details of your request.

There are cases in which Linden Lab sells abandoned land directly to a Resident who has a solid claim on it.  We attempt to give priority to those who already have land in the region.  If two neighboring parcels both have a reasonable claim on the parcel, it will likely not qualify for direct sale.  In some cases, we can assist with subdividing larger parcels for those with a strong claim.

A strong claim for a direct sale includes but is not limited to the following:

• Land you own borders three sides of an abandoned parcel.
  • Land you own completely encircles the abandoned parcel.
  • The requested land is awkward or irregularly shaped.
  • The requested land does not neighbor yours, but you are an established resident of the same region.

These are only guidelines; each request is considered on a case-by-case basis, and Linden Lab may not sell the land to you even if you meet some or all of the claims.

and here is the link for the page --> 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Abandoned-land/ta-p/846143#Section_.7

I wish you to feel better and NOT abandon your parcel.

Kind greetings,

your friend,

beethros Karas

Sarahbuxso wrote:

Cuz i'll be paying out the ear LOL so i'll just find another.

Oh, that's not the reason I expected. Do I guess correctly then that you've already lost (or missed) the auction and the successful bidder has put it up for sale at some excessive price? If so, yeah, that's unfortunate and if you need the extra land you may well be better off just dumping your current parcel and finding something more suitable -- and these days it's pretty easy to find good land available at low prices.

But if the auction hasn't happened yet, as already mentioned, you may get it for a lower price at auction than the L$1/sq.m. you'd be charged if the Lindens set it for sale to you directly. Obviously such low bids won't be enough to win on the Blake Sea, Nautilus or Bay cities, most of Zindra, etc., but the majority of auction parcels are won for less than that L$1/sq.m.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Abandoned land can be very frustrating. I have contacted support for maybe 6 or 7 parcels, and i've been able to purchased I think 3 out of 7 so sometimes they will do it, other times they won't. The good thing is usually something else comes along even if your dream spot doesnt work out.

You should have just sold the land rather than abandon it, at least get a few linden for your troubles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.