Retaining Land Back From Group

MzSarken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, tricky question here. I’m a land owner and group owner. I opted to stop renting out pieces of property. Now, here's the situation, I have mainland property and want to delete the group but retain the land. How do I reclaim the land I had set to my group?

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You can sell it back to yourself for $1.  You'll get the money back when group dividends are distributed.   Just make sure you are the only one that gets them, if there are more members in the goroup,  by looking at the roles you have in the group.

You can also sell it back to yourself for L$0. Then there's no worry about who in the group might be in money-recieving roles, and more importantly it will require the seller to specify the buyer individually which is what you always want to do in such situations. 

• 3 months later...

Lol nearly had this...tried selling to myself for L$1 and had a message my tier would be L$125!!!!  so when i next try this i tick or untick 'allow deed to group' or 'owner makes contribution with deed'? (dont trust myself to try the actual process after a few wines as could end up doing something daft...) or does another alert come up? my land is group owned but only myself as owner.

What I always do is remove the group tier contribution first, so I know how much tier I have available as an individual. The "About Land" window for the group-owned parcel(s) will fuss about not having enough contribution, but nothing dire happens in the short time it takes to actually buy the land myself.

Thing is, though, you must be sure you'll have enough tier to cover the group-owned land, which got a 10% tier "bonus" that you won't get as an individual, so when you remove the contribution from the group you'll need to have that additional 10% in other spare tier to cover the full area of the group-owned land.

Group land stats: Total contributions 18586

Total land in use 15232

Land available 3354

Your contribution 16896 (16896 max)

Land parcels 4480, 4032, 5088, 1632... plan on selling the latter 2 to get from 1/4 sim to 1/8 so according to Qui i start messing with the 'Your cont' when setting land for sale?:/

Right. But first, have you considered redrawing the boundaries? Paying 1/8 sim tier, your group can actually hold as much as 9568 sq.m. of land.

(1/8 sim tier = 8192 sq.m. ...
add 512 Premium bonus = 8704...
add a 10% Group bonus = 9574.4...
truncated to the highest integer multiple of 16 = 9568).

Also, the really good news is that, even without the 10% Group bonus, your current 1/4 sim tier plus the 512 Premium bonus totals 16896, which is more than the total amount of land the group owns -- meaning that while some is up for sale you can choose to own any or all of it as an individual instead of deeded to group. (In contrast, many groups use that Group bonus to own more land than the individual's tier can carry.)

grr still getting in knots over this...tried buying 1024 of my group land back to myself (as land available 3354) and it still said buying this land would increase tier to L$125....

given i got the cash for the other land sale into my account without drama i might as well sell the land as group owned as i am the only cash benificiary.

4 minutes ago, Storyof Oh said:

grr still getting in knots over this...tried buying 1024 of my group land back to myself (as land available 3354) and it still said buying this land would increase tier to L$125....

given i got the cash for the other land sale into my account without drama i might as well sell the land as group owned as i am the only cash benificiary.

first take off the groups donation

On 4/4/2017 at 3:34 PM, Storyof Oh said:

Group land stats: Total contributions 18586

Total land in use 15232

Land available 3354

Your contribution 16896 (16896 max)

Land parcels 4480, 4032, 5088, 1632... plan on selling the latter 2 to get from 1/4 sim to 1/8 so according to Qui i start messing with the 'Your cont' when setting land for sale?:/

Reduce your contribution by the 1024 -- that will take that amount of tier from the group and make it available for your personal use. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.