Parcel Encrachement Auto Return

GingerHenderson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking to see if there is any way that one can have it so that if an object is encroaching on your own deeded Parcel land by a specific person/group to have it auto return the encroaching object? Of course it would need to detect it. Would look for them like every hour or so.

So I imagine a script could do this but unsure if possible.

I know I can police my land perimeter to see and hunt then return but wondering if there is a simpler way as this still takes time. Having pesty neighbors :P

Any feedback on this or where I could find this (maybe old tread) if it exist would be greatly appreciated.

GingerHenderson wrote:

Looking to see if there is any way that one can have it so that if an object is encroaching on your own deeded Parcel land by a specific person/group to have it auto return the encroaching object? Of course it would need to detect it. Would look for them like every hour or so.

So I imagine a script could do this but unsure if possible.

I know I can police my land perimeter to see and hunt then return but wondering if there is a simpler way as this still takes time. Having pesty neighbors
:P

Any feedback on this or where I could find this (maybe old tread) if it exist would be greatly appreciated.

No, it's not possible.  Qie Niangao did a nice explanation of this but I can't find it now.

To detect an encroaching object involves the physics engine in a specialized way and to have it running all the time would cause massive lag.

ETA: How It Works:

"When someone tries to return an object the server will first check the normal object and parcel permissions and if those fail it will then build a collision body in the physics engine for nearby parcels and then perform a collision query between the object and the parcels. If the object overlaps one of their parcels then it will be returned. "

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.