Mainland deeding to group and paying tier

Ike Foggarty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've googled and searched and could not find the answer I am looking for. 

I own land in SL on the mainland and I want to deed this land to a group that I am an officer of. At the same time I wish to continue paying the full tier for this land myself. The wiki appears to be alittle vague as do the Land options.

If I check the deed to group box and then check the "owner makes contribution with deed" box. Will this do the trick? Will I still be paying the tier for the land as I am currently doing?

Is the owner being referred to the owner of the group? Or the owner of the land?

Thanks

In that text, "owner" refers to the owner of the land before it's deeded to group. The "contribution" is the tier you're contributing with the land. After you've deeded the land with that box checked, you should see your name in the list of group members who've contributed tier, and see an amount large enough to cover that land as your contribution in the group's Land tab.

The reason it's complicated is that group members can independently contribute tier in that Land tab to cover land deeded by others, and other members may deed land to the group without corresponding tier contribution, thus consuming tier contributed by others. The deeding operation needs to cover the situation where the group does not have enough tier in advance to hold the land and needs the deeder's contribution to happen simultaneously with the land transfer.

In passing: a 10% tier "Bonus" applies to Group-owned land, so you should find that it will leave you with a "spare" 10% of your original land size, needing only 90% of that amount to cover the land when group-owned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.