Mainland and groups help please

MedjaiWarriors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all, I have rent a parcel in a mainland and use it for a store, as I advertize my product in many groups i make some gifts for avatars who has proper active TAGs, so the objects have to have diffrent group ID. While I am trying to change the group for the Objects, the LL send it to my lost and found folder. How can I solve this problem with the land owner or with my self . Thank you

Yeah, this will happen on any land, not just Mainland, as long as auto-return is enabled on the parcel. Probably you want to turn that off (set to 0 in the Objects tab of About Land).

There are more advanced options, too. Relatively recently, it's become possible to return objects from parcels by script, so that might be used as a substitute for auto-return, if necessary. Perhaps more practical would be to re-script the group-matching logic to use more modern functions that can detect the (likely) active group key of a toucher, without having to match the llSameGroup as the object touched. But for immediate effect, just disabling auto-return should work.

i think the problem is in your group.

You rent the land, so most likely you are in a landgroup. Your object that gets returned is in you store group, thats a different one than your land and so not allowed to be there.

you''l have to put the auto return off by your landlord, or work with a name list instead of grouptags so you can keep your object to the landgroup

From your post I am not sure what group you are using.... it might be that you have to activate the land rent group in order to rezz objects on your parcel and that your store group is different than land group. In this case you have to create 2 objects - 1 will be your group gift (set to your store group) and 2. will be just a box set to the land rent group. Go in edit mode and change the group on the 1. object to your store group and then link it to the land group object. 

You can also buy some scripts that let you do same. I like the old fashioned way, less scripts ;) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.