Adfarm land splitting: Here we go again!

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

More news from Arbor Project.

A large clump of hyper-priced microparcels split by one violator here has already spread to a copycat abuser nearby.

For adfarm abuse, I use the Category : "Harassment > Targeted behavior..." because there used to be a whole separate category of Abuse Report for adfarming and it was under "Harassment". (There used to be many Abuse categories.)

In this case, the Summary field might be something like "LAND-SPLITTING ADFARM ABUSE"

For details, I used:

"At least 19 microparcels at this site cut by this abuser (as "Micro Parcels" group") in violation of official policy on adfarms, see specifically http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_on_ad_farms_and_network_advertisers#What_about_land_cutting.3F . Be aware that not enforcing this *will* destroy the Mainland *again*. Already a copycat abuser in same vicinity reporting separately"

(Incidentally, I recognize that first abuser's name from a whole different adfarm scam a while back.But it's across the street, so I can't link to it here.)

Just for reference because you mentioned it I have no qualms about mentioning SL Universe.  It would be ridiculous for posts mentioning it to be removed.  After all Rodvik in the past posted over there as well as our current CEO, Ebbe.  But the problem still seems to be with the Forum's spam filter.  I forgot yesterday that posts containing an actual link to SLU get auto deleted and had a post poof.   I was going to ad a comment to the JIRA on this but it is closed to comments now.  Would be nice to see it marked as "fixed" but sadly no.  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7298?

Also, anyone interested in the changes that happenned to the Abuse Report categories, there is this thread:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Official-Changes-To-The-Abuse-Report-Categories/m-p/2824762

Hopefully they act swiftly on the AR. 

A win! The microparcels are gone!

It's difficult to guess what exactly happened here, but both the original landsplitter's parcels and the copycat's are rejoined. In the case of the originals, they were merged with other land into two large parcels, one of which is abandoned and the other owned by Guy Linden and for sale back to the landsplitter for L$0.

Whatever the details, success! Thanks to all who helped with ARs and, of course, thanks to Guy for spending time on this to make Mainland better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe I may have just run into a similar scenario. I purchased a parcel, only to find the previous owner placed large ugly pictures on the land to block the view of the protected roadway. After many attempts to remove them, discovered the tiny piece of land had been seperated from the original parcel. I found the other parcel down the road a bit. So basically, I now own a parcial parcel, with a tiny piece of land on another parcel and both are blocked by her pictures and a fee of 49L per m to buy the tiny sliver of land which is approx 3k in Linden, when the original 512 sale was for 999L. 

I've already reported this in a support ticket, but I wonder if there is a way to avoid issues like this in the future. The main annyoyance I find is that it is really time consuming. Although I have placed a prim which cleverly conceals her attempt to extort money, I don't like the idea of having to deal with something this trivial when I have a business to build. (have to pay the tier) :) 

Is there a code by chance that can be used when you find clear violators of the land splitting policy so they can be reported quickly? Pardon my newb style question, most of this is new to me and I must admit, I thought each violation had a cooresponding number that can be used to quickly identify the type of violation so the issue would not have to be repeated over and over whenever it occurs again. 

Thanks all 

I'm afraid you're best served by filing an Abuse Report using category Harassment, as described in the first post of this thread. There was once a separate adfarming sub-category of Harassment, and some third-party viewers may still have it in their lists, but I suspect those obsolete categories might go straight into the AR bit bucket.

I think I found the specific roadside location you're describing, and if so, you're victim to the same scum-sucking bottom-feeder we've reported over and over with zero response from Linden Lab. That doesn't mean you shouldn't report her still, repeatedly, whenever you have an idle moment. Her parcels are obvious violations of the Lab's own policy, but until they hear from enough landowners, they're not doing anything about it. (I AR'd it myself just now; perhaps other readers will, too.)

EDIT TO ADD: Oh look, she has another extortion parcel in the same sim, and the adfarm policy explicitly forbids having more than one in the same region. So I filed another AR, not that it will bestir the Lab's lethargic enforcement team.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.