Abandoned Land / Monthly Payment

MzSarken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You are billed for the amount of land actually owned since your last monthly billing.  So based on timing of when you abandoned the land and when your monthly billing occurs, you may have one remaining payment. 

I don't think it's necessary, as billing is for land actually owned, but I also generally go in to the Land Manager -> Land Use Fees on the web dashboard for my account and click the circle for the new tier level that I am moving down to.   I think that this mainly affects when you are purchasing land - it will warn you when buying a parcel that will change your monthly tier level.

Hello.

You need to check the box that says ZERO dollars.

If you dont check that box, you will keep getting charged every month for ever.

Go to your account --> https://secondlife.com/my/account/index.php?

Then click : Land Manager.

and then select: Land Use Fees --> https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

and then scroll down where says : Update tier and check the very last option where says ZERO dollars.

and then click SAVE CHANGES

You done!

Beethros is indeed correct. Oddly you don't actually have to OWN land to get billed for it. That wasn't how it was long ago but has been that way for several years. 

Also if you downgrade from premium and give up your 512 lot you will be billed $5 for that last month. So you need to get rid of your land AT LEAST a month before you downgrade. The payment is on your billing cycle, not monthly and you don't actually SEE that if you are on a 512 "free" lot :D

Tricky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.