Looking for help with shared media / media on a prim

0THELLA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With some help from Rolig Loon and Builder's Brewery, I built my own video screen. However when I try to link it to the MAGE Magazine you tube playlist I get the message ; SSL handshake failed.

I asked about this and Rolig Loon replied; 

"If you're going to use parcel media, you must own the parcel, or have sufficient group abilities on a group-owned parcel to modify the land's media settings in About Land.  If you want to show your video in a sandbox or on other land that you do not own, you'll have to use the MOAP option instead.  Unfortunately, as I noted earlier, many people keep streaming media turned off because they don't like the idea that someone might see their IP address, so they won't see your video. 

"SSL handshake failed" means basically that you are not making a connection with whatever server you are trying to reach.  Your computer is pinging it to establish a connection but is getting no reply.  The server might be off line, or you might need special access, or there might be a firewall blocking you ......"

My intention was to create a portable screen that I could rezz in sandboxes and play videos for people in world. Or, when given permission, that I could set up permanently and cycle through the MAGE Magazine playlist when I'm not online, for art gallery exhibitions and other such venues, so that guests could see the videos. For those of you that are familiar with this process is there a way around the afore mentioned problems?

Any advice is appreciated,

0THELLA

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.