What happens if you Cancel and order for Lindens, does the money go back to my bank account

Ria Bingyi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have worked out what has happened, I ordered my lindens on the wrong thing, I didnt know I had to wait for a good rate I really wanted instant lindens. If I cancel my order now, how do I re-order my Lindens or does the money go back to my bank account and I have to start again!

2 answers to this question

first, most are a bit confused about it .. your bank account and Linden Lab, are in no way connected.

The only thing LL uses is skril, paypal or CC. So there is no way they know your bankaccount.

Second, you don't have to wait till a good exchange rate passes, because YOU decide what the rate is for limit buy.

If there are others thinking the same way, and really buy it, is another thing.

The Limit buy is not a shop, but a moneymarket ... where offer to buy meets want to sell.

If you put in a to high exchange rate your order will never fill.

Best thing is to look at the rated and make yours near that, the same, a bit lower, or a bit higher. But +/- 1 already can make a difference in waiting weeks or minutes...

If you want instant exchange, you have to choose market buy.

Now your money question, cancelling a order will put your money on the USD balance of your account. There it will be taken for future fees or buying automaticly before LL bills your payment method.

You can transfer your money back to RL from there, but will have to pay a transfer fee for it.

• Like 2

1. Cancel the order
  2. The money goes immediately into your $USD Balance
  3. Click the Buy L$ link on your Dashboard page
  4. Buy L$ using the Instant Buy option.
  5. The money is taken first from your $USD Balance.  If there's not enough to cover your purchase, LL charges your payment method for the remainder.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.