Was one month i get the error "We were unable to make changes to the current invoice."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The problem is: Was one month when i try to buy Lindens and get this error "We were unable to make changes to the current invoice." and sometimes "The payment method is invalid".
I use American Express and sure that have credit in this because can buy things in other sites. I once bought Lindens using the same credit card, and it worked.
Do not understand why out of nowhere started giving this error.
I tried to buy in another account / computer, and did not work.
I cannot call to billing support because i dont speak english. I have send a ticket, but got no answer. Did not find any solution to this problem on the internet and the forum, all says to call to support, but its not possible to me.
I try to buy direct on viewer, but failed. (i have used Firestorm and official viewer, so failed in both.)

Anyone know if have a support e-mail? I have send one to support@payments.secondlife.com but i get a failed delivery message.
So i hope to solve this problem,i need the lindens with some urgency. :/
Thanks.

OMG, I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH! Stop saying to call to support, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO ME! Support is english only, i dont speak english! -_- 

7 answers to this question

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

support@payments.secondlife.com is the correct e-mail address.  If you had a failed delivery message, try again.  My guess is that you made a mistake while typing it.

There are many reasons why you might be having problems.  Here are the most common ones >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.7  Unfortunately, none of us can help you figure out exactly what is causing your own problem, but maybe those suggestions can help you figure it out yourself.  If not, your only option is to try calling the billling office or sending another message to their e-mailaddress.

• Like 1

I type the e-mail correct and try alot of times, including using another emails, but receive this:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

support@payments.secondlife.com

Well, one question. Linden dont accept brazilian credit cards? In Billing support dont have Brazil in payment methods with American Express, or with others cards.

You are right. According to the Billing information site, Linden Lab does not accept American Express, or Visa cards from Brazil. I do not know why. However, you can use PayPal from Brazil. See https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_intro-outside .. Also, see the list of approved Third Party currency exchanges, some of which offer services in Portuguese.

You need to think "outside the box" as we say in English.  There are some ways to solve this problem.

First:  Here is some information about credit cards.  Please note the LAST part of this:

Accepted currencies and payment methods

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online
  • JCB
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal

The currencies accepted for payment vary depending upon the payment type you use.  

32px-KBtip.png Note: If you have had a payment method on file since before December 7, 2011, you may need to remove and re-add that payment method before making payments in non-USD currencies.

Second: You can buy $L on a reputable third party site.  I like VirWox, but there are others.

Third:  Send another Support ticket.  Be sure to reference the first ticket you sent that was not answered.

Fourth: Find a friend who speaks English, and have them help you make a phone call to Billing Support.

• Like 1

I get the impression you don't want to speak to support.

So your only option is to buy the L$ elsewhere.  There isn't anything anyone here can do about billing or payment issues.  We are all just residents like you.

(Congratulations by the way - you might not be confident about your English but it looks pretty good here)

Someone else opened a Jira on the exact same problem late February, same error message and unable to email the billing support email address. Refer https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7702? . This was Maestro Linden's reply.

Maestro Linden added a comment - 27/Feb/12 11:22 AM

Hi [resident], please file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ . The correct category for this issue seems to be Billing -> Real World Payment Method Issues.

Edit. I know you say you submitted a ticket. but check if you used the correct category as mentioned above. If not, resubmit and in either instance, I suggest you add a comment linking the aforementioned Jira.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.