Still waiting after 4 business days for authorization $1.00 fee to clear from card, what's going on?

Tritonyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It has been 4 buisness days and the charge is still there pending on my card,  it was a canclled linden order and now I can't use my money that LL is holding.  I need to be able to use my funds as soon as possible on my card, what can do?

3 answers to this question

LL is not holding any of your money.  They send a $1.00 charge to your card to make sure it is valid, but it is canceled immediately.

We are only volunteer residents here no Lindens read this. We have no access to your account records.
If you are unable to use your card to buy $Ls or pay LL for something you need to call billing.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

• Like 2

Please don't exaggerate the issue you are in. Your Gift Card is not acceptable as a Payment Method. That's all. Your Gift Card has a $1 debit "reservation" against it.  One Dollar!  It will be credited back to your Gift Card sooner or later. The remainder of your Gift Card $$ you can spend where ever that card is accepted.

So put the Gift Card in your Wallet/Purse and spend it elsewhere.

For Second Life you will need a real Credit Card or a "Verified" PayPal / Skrill account backed by an Immediately Fulfilled Credit Card or Business Bank Account Debit Card [i use the latter as I have a nice high credit limit on my Business Banking Account].. Get started opening up one of these acceptable Payment Methods in your real life.

For more painful details why Gift Cards are not accepted read on:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/adding-billing-card/qaq-p/2953077

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/i-have-a-big-pb-because-i-m-in-belgium-and-no-possible-to-buy/qaq-p/2950159

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.