Someone is trying to get lindens with my account

Myfanwy Acer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Myfanwy Acer wrote:

i did not apply for any,so wonder if someone is hacking into my account.it has happened before,bad people

there is no hacking in SL that anobody knows of, only phishing is a well known issue... and it's mostly the "victim"s own mistake.

Never give out passwords

be sure passwords are strong

neve keep aut login checked if others have access to your machine

always check websites really are what you think they are..

don't cick links in chats in sl from stranger or groups

and so on

Next to that... change your passwords on your account(s) AND payment methods ( if possible)

• Like 3

As Alwin says, we've yet to hear of anyone hacking into an SL account. Are you sure the e-mail you received was actually from Linden Lab? If that e-mail directed you to a website where you are asked to enter your account name and password, you're being phished by someone nefarious. Such websites do not belong to Linden Lab and are used to obtain your account credentials.

Never enter your SL login information into any website you have not verified. Bookmark the SL login pages and use only those bookmarks, or direct web navigation to secondlife.com. Never enter information into a webpage you reached by clicking a link in an e-mail, unless you have carefully verified the URL.

• Like 2

You will need to change your password and account name more then likely. As well as report it to LL so they may look into it. Also in the future if you have given out your password for some reason this is also a reason to change it to protect yourself as well as other from L fraud. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.