Purchased L$ via paypal, bank account not charged?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have created a Case Ticket about this, but I am unsure how long it will take. Asking here because Community Forums seem to always be active.

I am aware the Community Forums cannot "help me" in a way that LL can with L$, but I do know people have experience with stuff like this.

I have purchased L$2000 from the Lindex via the viewer, and was given L$2000 by exchangerino.lindenburgs(Or whatever the account's name is, never saw it so I'm just taking a silly guess :smileyvery-happy:). Because I am new to paypal, I wanted to make sure everything went through correctly. So I checked my paypal account, I was debited $8.36, and for additional checking, I went to my bank account's site. I have at least greater than $25 in my bank account(Not going to reveal actual amount), but it was still the same as before I had purchased L$.

I had asked a small group chat and someone stated that I will be banned.

I have never used paypal before, and have always used third party exchanges until they were shutdown(and scammed me) using paysafecards. I have, as stated above, created a case ticket about this, but knowing LL, this may take a while(Unless they are speedy gonzales with L$ support tickets). So I ask the community forums these two questions:

1. Did I do something incorrect here or is my bank account just slow on updating the e-banking site?
  2. Will I be banned?

2 answers to this question

You have (or should have) money in two places...you should have some money in your RL bank account, AND you should have some money in your PayPal account.  

When you make a purchase with PayPal, such as buying $L for Second Life, the money is deducted from your PayPal balance.  Assuming there is enough to cover the purchase, that's all, you're done.  If there is not sufficient money in your PayPal account, PayPal makes an electronic transfer from your RL bank to cover the shortfall.  This electronic transfer will take a few business days.

But here's an important point, specifically about using PayPal for Second Life.  Linden Lab will not wait those several days for money to go from your bank to your PayPal account to them.  They demand immediate payment.  So if you don't have enough money in your PayPal account to cover your Second Life bills, your payment method will be rejected.

It's important to always have enough money in your PayPal account to cover charges from Linden Lab, including purchases of $L, land fees, and Premium membership dues.  You can transfer funds from your bank to PayPal yourself, using the "Add money" link on the PayPal site.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.