Paypal not attaching.

ViikaMisaMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I do not own a credit card. 

My Paypal is verified with my bank and i already used it  for L$ but i took it off because it wasnt letting me use it a second time.

I try to put it back on and now it asks for a credit card.

Does anyone know whats going on or even a fix?

(edit)

Okay, i guess i need to be more clear.

I have had my Paypal attached to an alt account for a few days, was able to do 9 Linden transactions.

It is instant, money gets taken out of my bank instantly.

The problem is, i connected it to my main account, was able to purchase once on my main account, then when i attempted again, it failed. i tried the viewer and it told me i had no payment methood. So i thought maybe it was a glitch, disconnected my paypal from my main account and attempted to put it back, it told me i need a credit card (which it only did before my bank was verified).

But it seems to be a paypal issue since i cant even send money from my bank onto paypal.

3 answers to this question

Unless your bank pays PayPal instantly when you charge something to your PayPal, LL must wait for the transaction to go through.  LL will not wait for it's money since you receive $L's, benefits, or merchandise on Marketplace immediately.

If your bank does pay instantly, then you can contact billing to see where the problem lies.  Note if it is with PayPal, they will simply refer you to their customer service.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

• Like 2

You may use a PayPal account that was verified by a bank, but only if you always maintain a cash balance in the PayPal account (not the bank account) for your SL account to draw on when you make a transaction here. You may put cash in the PayPal account from any source that PayPal accepts, including your bank account, a credit card, or debit card.  That's between you and PayPal.

As Amethyst has explained, Marketplace and LindeX transactions require instantaneous fund transfer, but banks do not typically react that quickly.  As a result, your transaction in SL will time out and fail while it waits minutes, hours, or even days for the bank.  If you keep a cash balance in PayPal, Linden Lab will draw on that balance.

• Like 1

Hmm...my experience with PayPal is very different from what you seem to be describing.

First of all, you CAN "verify" (back up) your PayPal account with a real life bank account.  You don't have to use a credit card.

However, you have to be careful of one thing.

It takes several days for a funds transfer from your bank to PayPal.  

When Linden Lab goes to your PayPal account for payment, they insist on instant payment.  They will not wait the several days it takes for money to go from your bank, to PayPal, to them.  Instead, the transaction will fail and LL will ask you to register another payment method.

Because of this, if you use a bank account with your PayPal account, you must always be careful to keep enough money IN THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT to meet any charges from LL.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.