Linden Exchange Trading Limits

Mook Maruti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Log into your dashboard and you will see a panel on the left side called Linden Exchange. Click the Manage link within this panel (next to the Buy L$ link) and the menu will expand. Click on the 7th link down on the extended list called Linden Exchange Settings.

A new page will open - from this page you can select Advanced and the Submit button.

Basic (displays the most basic market information)

Advanced (displays all market information)

From then on - when log into your dashboard,  you can go to panel on the left side called Linden Exchange, click the Manage link within this panel,  the menu will expand and you will need to click on the Sell L$ link.

A new page will open and from here you can sell in two ways:

Sell Linden Dollars (Market Sell)

Offer to Sell Linden Dollars (Limit Sell)

Use the Limit Sell option to get the highest rate possible. Add the amount you wish to sell in the Quantity field and the rate at which you wish to sell at in the Exchange in L$ field.

Currently -the highest rate at which your L$ will sell instantly is 262 L$.

The Open Sell Orders at the Best 20 Rates list tells you the rates at which L$ are selling at. You could sell at  a 261 L$ rate but will need to wait for a day or so until they sell.

If your sell limit is set at $0 (as the OP said), then you won't be able to sell any lindens at all. In order to have this limit set to something else than 0L$ you'll have to make a transaction with LL. In order to make a transaction with LL you'll have to do any of the following (if i understand it right):

1) go Premium; the day you get charged for your premium account for the first time by LL will be the day of your first transaction and it will count from there. (2 to 7 days - 0US$ sell limit; 8 to 27 days - 300US$ sell limit; level 1 - 2500 US$ sell limit etc. etc.)

2) if you want to stay on Basic account, then you have to get you payment info on file first, then transfer some US$, then buy some lindens. This then will be the day of your first transaction with LL, and then it will count from there the same way.

Either way, you will have to wait at least a week, if you do any of the above...

I, like you, have my sell limit set at 0L$ even if i've been 3 years in SL. I'm on Basic account and i have never bought L$ from LL. I earn enough and i don't need to buy any L$ either so i'm not going to. The only way for me now (or when XStreet Exchange gets nuked) is to seek 3rd party exchange sites because i don't plan to feed LL on the fees of useless L$ exchanges i totally don't need to make either than to "activate" this ridiculous billing and trading limits system!

• Like 1

So let me get this straight.

1. LL gets a cut of every sale I make.

2. They also charge a fee when cashing out lindens.

3. And now they want to triple dip by requiring me to either get premium service (which I have no need of) OR to give them US dollars, let them make out on the exchange rate, requiring me to turn around and cash out the money I just gave them (when enough time has passed for them to be happy), then to charge yet ANOTHER fee to turn my lindens back into dollars(Quadruple dip)?

Can you point me to one of those third party sites? I'll be damned if they get any extra money out of me if I can help it. I guess the cuts they took from the THOUSANDS of sales I've made so far isn't enough or the fee I used to pay to get my money from xstreet. I considered those the cost of doing business. This is outright robbery.

Is my limit set by how much Lindens I buy in the first place?

i suppose, if you don't willingly give your US$ to LL you are considered NOT trustworthy enough for the privilege to sell L$. The more i think of WHY this billing and trading limits system is set up to work like that, the more i come to the conclusion that the quadruple dip you are talking about is exactly the whole point! I have opened 2 or 3 tickets with the request to increase my selling limit without this ridiculousness (read: plain robbery) but was told to suck it up and just go buy some L$.

I'm afraid it isn't allowed to share links to third party exchange sites here anyway. I would LOVE to know them myself too, as so far i only know 1 trustworthy site which is also conveniently located in my own country and exchanges L$ into euros. The only problem with them is you have to wait like 3 weeks before you get your euros. But i guess i would rather live with that once i start cashing out with them every week or so, than i let LL rob me like that on the unnecessary roundabout exchanges... At least i will have tried everything else before i ever turn back to LL and LindeX as a last resort...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.