L$ used to buy from me not void

So Lecker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Somebody bought a very expensive item from my MP shop and in the same transaction of 9 others. One day later the L$ where deleted by LL, because they where not void. The official explanation was as follows:

"Our investigation has determined that the L$ sent to you were obtained through unauthorized and fraudulent activity within Second Life"

My goods are gone (it was a unique nocopy gacha) and I have no idea how I can protect myself against that in the future. Is there a chance to block buyers? Do you have any experience with such fraud? Does that happen often?

I lost a bit the trust in the marketplace...

1 answer to this question

Submit a support case, using the category Marketplace Issue and explain the situation.  You should be pleased to know that when Linden Lab;s fraud investigation group manages to track down stolen L$, they return it to the original owner.  That's what the police do in RL too.  If the money has been used in the meantime to buy things, there's no way for merchants to know that they were receiving stolen funds, but they don't get to keep them either. In RL, merchants usually take a loss.  Fortunately, in SL merchants generally have an unlimited supply of merchandise, so they really haven't lost anything but a potential sale.  You are the rare exception to that rule, because you were selling one-of-a-kind items.  So, explain that to the Lab in your support case.  With any luck, they will be able to recover your gacha from the bandit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.