If I cancel an open Lindex order, will that money be refunded or can I buy at market price?

Kaatisu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Exactly as seen above, I tried using the option to buy at best value and a day later not a single L is seen. I am impatient I know, but I have need of the L's very very soon and hadn't particularly thought "It will take some time" meant more than one day...

Will I  be refunded on cancel or can I Immediately apply the funds at the instant buy rate?

1 answer to this question

When you cancel an open order in the LindeX, the funds that Linden Lab has been holding are immediately returned to the USD balance in your account, where they are available for placing another order or for whatever else you want to do with them.

The reason that a Limit Buy may take "some time", of course, is that when you place an order like that at a specific price, you have to wait until some other resident is willing to sell L$ at that price.  If you set your Buy offer too low, it could be quite a long time before anyone is desparate enough to sell to you.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.