I sent 10L + another 10L to someone, but neither payment was received, and didn't get confirmation?

CpChan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sent 20L total in two seperate payments of 10L to someone. I lost the lindens on my end, but they never received them, and I never got a confirmation that the lindens were sent.

Is there anything that can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

The payment system is one of the most reliable parts of Second Life (it has to be!)  If you're making payments and your recipient says they were not received, then one of three things is probably happening:

1. The person is lying to you in an attempt to get more money, or
  2. You sent the money to the wrong person.  This can happen if you looked them up by their Display Name...because Display Names are not unique.  Only usernames are unique.
  3. There was a glitch and the money was never sent.  Do not rely on the balance shown in your viewer, that can sometimes be incorrect.  Look at the balance shown here on the website.

In any case, you can find out by checking your Transaction log.  Look on your Dashboard page, under Account/$L Transactions and find the payments.  The person they were sent to will be listed there.

If you paid the wrong person by mistake, you can politely ask them to return the money, but they are under no obligation to do so.  Don't get too upset about it, $L10 is only about 4 cents in real money.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.