I purchased an item in-world from a shop, but it was never delivered.

pandapple5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

About 2 days ago, I was browsing a shop and picked up a demo of a rather cute tank top. I tried it on, liked it, and went back and purchased the (slightly over priced) full version of the tank. The Lindens were deducted, but it was never sent to me. I waited around for a bit, but nothing. I checked out my transactions, found the seller, and looked up her profile. On her profile, she states that she's the former owner and that her in-world shop is closed, and that she's only keeping her marketplace shop. The shop in question is very much still there, and full of items for people to purchase. I checked her marketplace shop, and it was all the exact same items in her store, and the name of the in-world store is exactly identical. I messaged her twice, apologizing for bothering her, and politely asking that she resend the item. I haven't heard anything back. Is there anything I can do to get my shirt? or am I beat for all those lindens? Any help is SUPER appreciated. Thanks.

**EDIT 1: Thanks for responding! (: I didn't purchase it from the marketplace, I purchased it in-world at a store. I did check my received items initially when I realized it had been an  abnormal amount of time to wait for the dialog box, but it wasn't in there (I don't think in-world purchases go there anyway, right?)

I know that there's a whole system for recovering items from the market place tha get lost, but can I file a support ticket for an in-world purchase? or is there a similiar process for when an in-world purchase isn't sent?

**EDIT 2: Thank you both for your answers. (: I guess I'll just wait it out and try messaging her again in a few days.

2 answers to this question

Make sure you check your Received Items folder first. If it's not there:

File a support ticket. This is a thing that happens quite frequently, so there's a special category for it and everything: Choose "Marketplace" in the first drop-down menu, and "Failed Marketplace Delivery" in the second. Include the transaction history and all other requested or relevant details, and give them a bit to work it out. You should get your shirt in a few days, at the latest.

In case you don't know how to find your transaction history: Go to the marketplace. Log in, if necessary, and choose "My Marketplace" at the top right, then "My Account" from the short drop-down menu. Then "Order History," on the left. The Item ID is the second thing listed, next to the name of the item (which you will also need). 

ETA: I can read. If this WASN'T a Marketplace purchase, and you can't get a response from the creator, you may be out of luck, but you can still submit a support case under a different cateogry. There is no specific category for this for inworld purchases; it's more a case of buyer beware. Still, give the creator a few more days, then send another message and possibly a notecard. His or her messages may be capped, and they may not be receiving your messages; or they may not be inworld very often.

• Like 1

It would only be in Received if you bought it on MP.

Inworld, check to see if there is a redelivery terminal in the shop.  Many have them.

If not, send a notecard to the owner.  They may not be inworld much anymore but I bet they come in once in a while if nothing else to check their earnings.  Of course they may only do this on the web, and if so then you are probably out of luck.  If you can post something on their feed.  They may see it there.  If not it will warn other buyers.

LL will not do anything even if you file an AR or support ticket.  In world buying is buyer beware and problems there are resident to resident disputes and they won't get involved.

I suspect they left the shop open until their rent pr tier runs out and the landowner or LL if on mainland will return all their stuff to them when the tier or rent is overdue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.