I get "There was a problem charging your payment method" on Visa Electron and Paypal pay method.

KazWolfe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting "There was a problem charging your payment method" on Visa Electron and Paypal pay method. Why it doesnt accept me to buy 799 L$ Avatar? I do have enough money, and Visa Electron seems to be accepted in payment method list. Why it wont accept it? 

Every other sites work great with my card linked in PayPal (example Steam)

5 answers to this question

I'm afraid you have to open a support case and ask LL about that. This is a users-trying-to-help-users forum and a question is a bit beyond what we can answer.

But Linden Lab is a bit stricter with paymetn verification than most other internet services and that may explain it. PayPal for example is only accepted if it is a verified PayPal account linked to a bank account.

Visa Electron should always be accepted though, as long as there is enough funds available of course but I suppose you did check that.

Your verified PayPal or Skrill account may be linked to either a bank account or to a credit card (not a prepaid or debit card, however).  Your Visa Electron card should also be acceptable, provided that you are not a U.S. resident.  For the full details of how to register your payment method and for some tips about what causes some of the most common errors, see https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037

• Like 1

It might be that you're not buying enough $L.  I believe there's a $10 USD minimum.  However, I would not really expect the error message you are getting, if that is the problem.  (By the way, since there is a fixed fee for purchasing $L, buying a larger quantity at one time is more economical...the fee is a smaller percentage of the total buy.  I never buy less than $20 USD at a time.)

If the "minimum purchase" limit isn't your problem, give Billing a call.  They can be reached at the numbers below.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

Is LL trying to charge your PayPal account (linked to your Visa Electron card) or your Visa Electron Card direct?   

I would suggest linking PayPal to your bank account (which is, in effect, the same as linking it to your Visa Electron card, since Electron is a debit card), and then verify bank account with PayPal.   After you've done that, you should have no difficulties with using PayPal as a payment method.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.