How do I add a payout (not payment!) method?

Kaoru Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to add Paypal as a payout method, but LL website keeps redirecting me to adding a payment method which I can't do because I don't have a credit card that would work in the US. (And can't imagine why would I need one either.) Premium accout support chat is offline - no changes since 2008 here. So, is there a way for a client not from the US to widthdraw money to Paypal?

3 answers to this question

First of all your PayPal account needs to be verified and have an alternate payment method associated with it usually a Major credit card. Once the PayPal account is verified it does not matter which credit card you used at PayPal to get that account to a verified status.

Also at this time the Billing System is undergoing maintenance:

Scheduled Billing Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on March 3rd, 2015 at 12:46 pm PST

[Posted 11:41 AM PST, 3 March 2015]  We will be performing scheduled maintenance on our billing system on Wednesday, March 4, 2015 beginning at approximately 9:00 AM PST. While this maintenance is in progress, our billing services, including LindeX and Marketplace, may not be available. Credit card processing may be affected during this time as well. Please continue to check this blog for updates.

Please try again later.

You can't just add a payout method: you have to add a payment one in order to be able to cash out your L$. The billing information you give work both ways: for payments and for cashing out. 

To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and be capable of making instant transfers.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, LL requires that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source. 

More about payment and cashing out:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.8

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107#Section_.1

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Account-balance/ta-p/700015#Section_.2.2

• Like 1

A minor correction to Valerie's answer...

You CAN use a PayPal account that is backed up by a bank account rather than a major credit card.  However, you MUST be careful to always keep enough money in the PayPal balance to meet your obligations to Linden Lab.  They insist on instant payment, and will not wait several days for money to go from your RL bank account, to PayPal, to them.

Set up a verified PayPal account as both your payment method and your payout method.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.