Can't use my vanilla master card using paypal to act as a catalyst

PupBay999

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I've read that the odds of these prepaid credit cards working corectly is very very low, but I didn't really have another option avalable to me. I've been told if you link it to paypal, you can then use your paypal to pay with it, and it will take care of the curency exchange and everything. However, I'm unable to pay with my card, or my paypal. I'm new to using a card on paypal, so I don't know if I'm missing something. I know that you need to move funds with its conected to the bank, but I figured this way it would simply charge to the card. Yes, paypal did validate the credit card, (I think that's the wrong term but whatever, I'm tired XD) Is there something I need to do on paypal, or is it just something broken in the system? Is there anything I can do about it, or anything else I can do to get my funds on SL? Any help you can give me is appriciated. I'd rather not find out I wasted money on this card, but I am starting to wonder...

1 answer to this question

You seem to have found some answers on older threads here, but some of the information you found is probably out of date.  Linden Lab changed its credit card processor over a year ago.  One of the big results is that prepaid cards, which always used to be discouraged, are now not allowed at all.  So, what you read about the odds being very low is now "the odds are zero".

You have read correctly that you can verify your PayPal account with a bank account.  That's not the best solution, but it does work.  The problem is that banks cannot transfer money to PayPal fast enough to satisfy Linden Lab's demand for instant payment.  Like many other online businesess, Linden Lab won't wait more than 30 seconds or so before they give up and terminate the purchase.  Therefore, if you want to use a bank account as your backup for the PayPal account, you must always be sure that the PayPal account has a cash balance big enough to pay for what you buy in SL.

Here's what may not be obvious ....  You need to have some form of backup (bank account or credit card), but once you have that set up, Linden Lab doesn't really care (or know) how you really put cash into PayPal.  So, verify the PayPal account with your bank account and then use your Vanilla VISA card to actually put money into the PayPal balance.  As long as you have cash in the PayPal account, your SL purchases should work.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.