Adding Paypal as payment method.

Mowji Sunburn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I wanted to add Paypal as paying method for SL, I noticed something I didn't like.  saw the second message telling me that if SL couldn't get the money from my Paypal account, they are allowed to subtract it from my bankaccount.

At the moment, when there isn't sufficient funds on my Paypal account, I simply can not pay. And that suits me fine. But if I add Paypal as payment method, SL will go to my bank account to get the money, if there isn't enough money on my Paypal account. My fear is that if I do so, this goes for everything else too on Paypal.

Paypal is whining for years to connect my bankaccount to Paypal. I had done that in the past with my old bank account and it had given me a lot of financial troubles in the past.

Is there a way to add Paypal as my method of paying, without this permission to go to my bank account? 

I don't have a creditcard (too expencive) and Im not living in the USA. To bad SL doesn't accept Ideal.

Edit: reaction to the frist answer:

It is not a matter of spending controle. It is the lack of information of how much money is left on my Paypal account when I buy something with Paypal. The only reason back then was that I didn't know Paypal would subtract it from my bankaccount if there wasn't enough money on the Paypal account itself.

Personally I prefer paying with Ideal. When I pay with Ideal I can see how much money I have left, before I make my purchase.

Edit: reaction to the second.

When I log in at the site of Paypal, yes I have all the info I need. But.. if I'm on a different site and I buy there, I get a pop up of Paypal with hardly any info accept what I'm about to pay. I can not see my balance at that point. Very annoying.

Edit reaction to the first.

This lock will only happen when you have a subscription or pay rent. Not when you want to buy L$. I've checked with SL about that.

2 answers to this question

no it is not possible, Paypal needs to be verified, and only way to do is connect it to bankaccount or CC.

You can try to verify and than remove the bankaccount, BUT.... if LL doesn't find the funds for your account on paypal your account(avatar) goes on hold and gets locked.

Paypal does NOT take money from your account, it will only if YOU buy things that aren't covered by your balance on the paypal account.

If you can't control yourself, no payment method will be safe.

Mowji Sunburn wrote:

It is not a matter of spending controle. It is the lack of information of how much money is left on my Paypal account when I buy something with Paypal. The only reason back then was that I didn't know Paypal would subtract it from my bankaccount if there wasn't enough money on the Paypal account itself.

Personally I prefer paying with Ideal. When I pay with Ideal I can see how much money I have left, before I make my purchase.

I don't understand.   When I'm not sure how much I have with PayPal, I simply log into their website.   My balance, on both my US$ and GB£ accounts, is the first thing I see.

Does it not work that way for you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.