where can i buy private estate sims directly from linden labs?

Eilfie Sugarplum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i dont want to rent from a real estate agency. i want this land directly from linden labs. not a mainland region or any mainland at all. just a regular full prim full sim. why is it so hard to find this answer? even an official premium support SL rep failed to help me find the answer. WTF.

thank you.

4 answers to this question

Read the links Irene has provided but to get some in-world info on regions for sale, look up and join

Full Transfer - Private Regions

http://world.secondlife.com/group/80160e24-e436-c6ed-6de2-38954ec4183f?lang=en-US

I use this group when I buy & sell regions.

Why - You save big $$ - Standard 1st Full Private Region price from LL direct is $1295.00 USD

You can get your 1st Standard 1st Full Private Region for as little as $450.0 USD

In reality that $450.00 USD price is made up of [$300 to the seller + $150 Tfr fee the seller adds on when they pay the fee in your transaction]

Many multi-region buyers & sellers are here with Extended Support who can facilitate a quick purchase of or quick sale of an "already in existence" region at a very good price, quickly. Typical pricing for a Full Region where you get it empty be can anywhere from $300 - $600 + $150 Transfer fee. Many times the transfer fee is covered by the seller. Note: the price difference is usually due to the fact that you will have to pay the next tier payment to LL on a date sooner than one month from the date of transfer of the island into your name.

Existing Island Tier due dates are related to the original creation date of the island, not the date it was sold to you by a private party. Basically, an island for sale is worth more if the next LL Tier payment is a full month in the future. Its value [thus selling price] decreases as that time closes.

So you find an island at the price you want the next step is for you and the seller to both open a support case ticket with the details of the purchase in each including who is paying the $150 transfer fee. Once you both have done this, you MUST exchange ticket case numbers with each other and add them to your original support case as an update. Failure to do this simply delays the transfer.

LL acts as the broker for these sales and no $$ exchange hands without the transfer being completed by LL. LL transfers the USDs from your account and pays the seller. The Transfer Fee is then deducted from the agreed upon parties account. If any one says "Trust Me, I'll deal with all the transfer issues and solicits you to pay them directly, pass them by.

If one of the parties in the transfer has Extended Support [People who own 5 or more regions qualify] the transfer can be completed in as little as 24 hours. Mind you, there may still be a delay if you are having the island renamed and/or placed at a different grid location as happens when adjacent islands are sold off.

Sales between "small number of regions owned" parties [where neither qualifies for extended support] usually take from 12 - 20 days for LL to complete.

The TOTAL Cost

Remember, always look at the private sale and purchase of a Full region with the next $295.00 Tier to LL in mind.

Case in point - That island being sold for $450.00 USD is a great deal even if the next $295.00 USD tier due date is one week after the transfer is completed. Look at the whole amount of USDs you'll be spending across a 30 day cycle as the total cost. In this example
[ $450.00 USD Sale + $295.00 USD tier the following week ] = $745.00 USD for an island in month one
versus $1295.00 USD from LL direct.

With that savings you could almost get 2.

~~ Mea Culpa to all my region owning friends who will now shun me for sharing the secrets of our success. :)

Good Shopping to you!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.