paid money to rent a parcel. Landlord says will not rent to me and refuses to refund my money

Xiomara Lavendel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Even though the last answer said not much can be done, I would still let Linden know. Have you log info and any other correspondence on record woth them> May not do much but I would flag it. I would never treat any of my tenants or potentiial tenents like that. It is horrible. Just like in real life if it can be proven their should be consequences. 

As a land owner with renters - let me say its not an easy thing to fix. The person is either the owner or a land agent for the owner. They may not be able to give an immediate refund. I'd send a notecard to the owner of Shamrock Estates inquirying about the offer they had for a one month free tenancy and then explain you didn't stalk them. However, if you did communicate with them or an agent over and over like - that can be considered stalking in many cases. Many of these lands have land groups that membership in them are required before rent is paid. Were you a member of that group? If not, they may have taken the rent as a gift without knowing the real reason for its insertion into the account. Secondlife is just as complicated as the real world is at times. Anyone renting should pay attention to the rules before dropping any lindens into the rentbox.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.