my mistake put my homestead under water... how to fix it?

Arielle6768

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a small lake and was trying to raise the land and I guess I did it too much....long story short...all but about 10 percent of my land is under water. My houses and another building is still there, but there's water all around them. How do I fix this and get my land back?

You would think that when you get some land like this, if you make a mistake you can go back and fix it, such as in my case trying to remove a lake and royally messing it up. I guess it's there but couldn't find it.

(had to kinda rant...sorry if I offended anyone)

3 answers to this question

You have already had some practice with the terraforming tools now, so all you need is some patience until you get it right.  That's what we each had to do as we were learning.  Work with the tool set at fairly low strength until you get your confidence up.

If you want to raise land to some uniform level, start with your tool at a spot that is reasonably close to that elevation already.  Then, use your Flatten tool, set to a moderate size.  Keep the center of the tool over land that is at your desired elevation and work slowly outwards, keeping the tool in motion.

Remember, you can't do anything to destroy the land.  All you can do is make it look kind of ugly until you get the hang of it.

• Like 3

If you originally placed your homes on the terraform that was baked-in to the Homestead, you can select the "revert" brush off the hand-terraforming tool and brush it back to be the way you found it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.