linden land home lost and found?

Funkydog1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey this is super simple but I use my house for rezing product boxes (clothes and such) but sometimes the land decides that i dont have permission or its not allowed and the box just disapears! I want my stuff back please those shoes were not scandalous and i have payed for that stuff. How do i get these lost items back?

2 answers to this question

Look in a folder named "Lost and Found" in your inventory. Sometimes you have to relog before the item appears there but it's extremely rare that things just disappear from the land.

There are some sculpts and some flawed meshes you can't rez on top of and when you try, you get that rather confusing error message and the item is returned to your inventory. The inventory list is not updated though, so you'll have to relog for it to show up again. If you do a little bit of test rezzing with some item you don't mind loosing, you'll find there are certain spots in your house where this happen. Once you've located those spots, you can simply remember not to rez there - or you can replace the fauty items that causes the error if you like.

Edit: It is also possible the item is returned to its original location in your inventory but hidden until you relog but in this case that is unlikely.

• Like 2

Chin Rey's got some good points.  One way to prevent this in the future:

• Rez a simple flat prim and use it to rez your product boxes on
  • Be sure that you place the prim well inside the parcel borders.  In a Linden Home, that means keeping it away from exterior walls, since the home takes up nearly the entire land parcel.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.