i seeHow do i change the style of my linden home

Voluptuary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There are two types of "styles" that could come into play here.

One is, as you already found out, that you can change the textures on your Linden Home between a few different sets.

The secon one is, that Linden Homes come in different style categories, from which you select a certain style and then get a free house of that style as your Linden Home.

The only way to get a totally different style of home is to abond your current Linden Home and pick an entirely new one again.

--||-
  • Like 1

If you want to be able to choose a completely different style of home on your Linden Home parcel, that's not going to happen.  All Linden Homes in a single region are the same style. However, you do have another option. 

You could buy a Horizons Home -- either at auction or from another SL resident.  All Horizons Homes are on 1024 sq m parcels (four times the size of a Linden Home parcel) with a L.I. allowance of 702 ( a 2X prim bonus).  Like Linden Homes, the house itself does not use any of the parcel's L.I..  Unlike Linden Homes, you can choose among six models or can choose to use none of them at all, and you can change your mind at any time without moving.  Your Premium land fee waiver applies to any Horizons Home the same way that it does to any land you own on the Mainland. It covers the monthly fee for the first 512 sq m and you have a reduced fee for the remainder.  As the landowner, you have fewer restrictions than you do on a Linden Home parcel too, so you can use your L.I. allowance to do quite a lot of decorating or open a shop or build a skybox retreat.

• Like 1

Syo and Rolig have given you good answers.

I want to clarify a fine point, though.  Linden Homes come in one of four general styles:  contemporary, A-frame, hobbit (a fantasy theme) and Japanese.  Although at times one or two of these styles are not available, you can pick any of them that ARE available.

There are also minor style variations WITHIN the general style.  For example, some of the styles come in one or two story versions.  If available, these choices are also shown on the page where you choose your home.

If you want a different style, or want to move away from a disagreeable neighbor, or just want to try to get a better location, you 1) delete or take your stuff back into your inventory, 2) Click World/Parcel Details and Abandon your Linden Home, and 3) go to the Linden Home selection page and choose another home.  You can choose any of the styles that are available, but you cannot choose your specific location.

You can change Linden Homes up to five times per day.  Some people do this, playing the "Linden Home Lottery" in hopes of finding the ideal combination of style, neighbors, and location.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.