how exactly do I "set my home" ??

MagalliaDC143C

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

"Home" has two different meanings, so be careful which one you mean.

When you use World >>> Set Home To Here, you are defining the spot where you are standing as a default location.  It's where you will end up if you log in to "Home" or if you click the little Home icon on your menu bar.  It's a lovely, quick EMERGENCY teleport location -- the safe place you can duck to in a second if you need to.  You can set "Home" wherever you own land or where someone has given you permission to set home (usually because you belong to a group that owns the land).  You may also set "Home" at any Linden InfoHub.

The other possibile definition is "the place where you live and keep all your stuff".  That might also be the place that you have set with World >> Set Home To Here, but it's doesn't need to be.  Each of my alts has a different "Home" set with the World menu, for example, but they all have their stuff in my house on my own region.  You might want your default EMERGENCY location to be at some spot far from your house.

Remember, you can also create landmarks to places all over SL and then put your favorite ones on your Favorites bar where they are handy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.