how do i set the Access for my linden home

1HarryPeter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Unless you truly like having ban lines around your parcel -- most people find them offensive -- the best way is ...

1. Create a new group

2. Open World >> About Land >> General and set (not deed) your parcel to the group.

3. Go to About Land >> Options and restrict the ability to create objects or bring objects onto your parcel so that only group members are allowed.

4. Invite your friends to join the group in the "Everyone" role.

ETA:  I was interrupted before finishing my response, so here's the rest ...

Usually, when people ask about "access" in this Answers service, they are concerned about allowing friends to rez objects in their homes.  Nobody can steal things from your house, and if you have set the options I indicated in point #3 above, they can't trash your place either.  As a result, most people couldn't care less whether they have visitors when they aren't home. If you do care, or if you worry about uninvited visitors when you are home, you can buy a basic security orb on Marketplace that will limit who may come and go.  That's a friendlier and less unsightly alternative to ban lines.

• Like 1

I don't have anything to add to answer your question, but I wanted to congratulate you.  You are the very first person who's managed to come up with a user name that is offensive to me, but to which I can raise no valid objection.

Congratulations on your subtlety.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.