Where can I find a deserted tropical beach?

0zymandi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know this is not the typical tech question posted in this part of the SL forum but I have spent the past few days looking for a deserted tropical beach with palm trees and hills or mountains in the background. I have found one or two places that fit the terrain I am looking for  but they are cluttered with man made objects. (yes I realize everything in SL is man made)

If you read this and know of the kind of location I am looking for but are reluctant to reveal its whereabouts for fear that a lot of people might flock to the beach and ruin its isolated beauty, let me assure you, my intention is to spend an hour photographing the beach then using the snapshots as a backgrounds for models that I will photograph using my greenscreen studio, so if you wish to keep the location of the beach a secret I promise that I will go to the beach by myself, take the snapshots and leave and I will not reveal the location to anyone.

Included in this message is a photo of what I am looking for, minus the boats, hammocks, deck chairs ect. I need the beach to look like it has never been touched by humans. Thanks for any reponses.

Spoiledbeach02_001.png

Thank you to the Senior Helper who responded and sent me the link. The very first thing I tried (four days ago) was doing a search for "beaches" , "tropical beaches" , "deserted beaches" , beaches with mountains" and what I got was exactly what your link reveals, beaches with boardwalks, lighthouses and other signs of modern day civilizations which is precisely what I am not looking for, this is why I posted this question, so people who have actually visited the sims they recommend can assure me that these areas are indeed isolated.

First let me thank all those who responded : Amethyst, Valerie and Rolig. Also I apologize to Valerie for jumping to conclusions about your response. When I first teleported to Baja Norte the first thing I saw where New England Cottages and a light house, when I teleported to Las Arenas I was standing on a boardwalk so I assumed that you had dismissed my question with a thoughtless answer, after exploring Las Arenas I realize it is a very beautiful sim and, from certain angles, I can work around the boardwalk. Crossing Currents also provided some great images although I had to work around some lawn chairs and bamboo bungalows to create the illusion of being a deserted area.

Thanks everyone.

3 answers to this question

Hi Ozymandi! 

I would suggest your browse the destination guide and look in beaches. 

https://secondlife.com/destinations/beaches

Baja Norte, although not quite tropical, is a remarkable place for photography. 

Las Arenas Rosadas is a tropical place, wonderfully landscaped, as well as Crossing Currents.

These places might suit what you are looking for. :)

• Like 1

0zymandi wrote:

I know this is not the typical tech question posted in this part of the SL forum but I have spent the past few days looking for a deserted tropical beach with palm trees and hills or mountains in the background. I have found one or two places that fit the terrain I am looking for  but they are cluttered with man made objects. (yes I realize everything in SL is man made)

If you read this and know of the kind of location I am looking for but are reluctant to reveal its whereabouts for fear that a lot of people might flock to the beach and ruin its isolated beauty, let me assure you, my intention is to spend an hour photographing the beach then using the snapshots as a backgrounds for models that I will photograph using my greenscreen studio, so if you wish to keep the location of the beach a secret I promise that I will go to the beach by myself, take the snapshots and leave and I will not reveal the location to anyone.

Included in this message is a photo of what I am looking for, minus the boats, hammocks, deck chairs ect. I need the beach to look like it has never been touched by humans. Thanks for any reponses.

Spoiledbeach02_001.png

Thank you to the Senior Helper who responded and sent me the link. The very first thing I tried (four days ago) was doing a search for "beaches" , "tropical beaches" , "deserted beaches" , beaches with mountains" and what I got was exactly what your link reveals, beaches with boardwalks, lighthouses and other signs of modern day civilizations which is precisely what I am not looking for, this is why I posted this question, so people who have actually visited the sims they recommend can assure me that these areas are indeed isolated.

First let me thank all those who responded : Amethyst, Valerie and Rolig. Also I apologize to Valerie for jumping to conclusions about your response. When I first teleported to Baja Norte the first thing I saw where New England Cottages and a light house, when I teleported to Las Arenas I was standing on a boardwalk so I assumed that you had dismissed my question with a thoughtless answer, after exploring Las Arenas I realize it is a very beautiful sim and, from certain angles, I can work around the boardwalk. Crossing Currents also provided some great images although I had to work around some lawn chairs and bamboo bungalows to create the illusion of being a deserted area.

Thanks everyone.

If you look at the World Map in the area of the Blake Sea there are a number of islands that were made by Linden Lab that have little or no "man-made" building. One example would be "Blake Sea - Kraken." There are a variety of similar islands in the same general area.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.