Is there a quiet sandbox anywhere?

cshirttesgdgs6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need a place to build something but most of the sandboxes are horrid and creepy. Any suggestions?

I found one thank you, but I must say at least 10 of the sandboxes at the bottom of the list in search do not exist anymore. You need prims to build and if you have used all of yours on your land you need a sandbox. There is so much abandoned land- someone should rent out sandboxes for hours at a time.

4 answers to this question

I need a place to build something but most of the sandboxes are horrid and creepy. Any suggestions?

I found one thank you, but I must say at least 10 of the sandboxes at the bottom of the list in search do not exist anymore. You need prims to build and if you have used all of yours on your land you need a sandbox. There is so much abandoned land- someone should rent out sandboxes for hours at a time.

The best places to build, in order of decreasing desirability, are

1. Your own land

2.  A friend's land

3.  A group's land (assuming that you are a member and have building permision)

4.  A Premium sandbox (these are all griefer-free and usually very quiet, but you have to be a Premium member)

5.  Sandboxes at managed building areas, like Caledon Oxbridge University or NCI or Builder's Brewery

6. The beta (Aditi grid)

7. An unpopular sandbox (look way down at the bottom of the list on Search for "sandbox" and avoid any place that says "weapons")

• Like 2

cshirttesgdgs6 wrote:

[ .... ]

:)  That's why that option was way at the bottom of my list. Sandboxes are good for small, quick projects but they have two major disadvantages: they are public and they are short-term.  If you are really serious about building, the only good option in the end is to own a lot of land or have a friend or a group with a lot of land.  I built on group-owned land for several years before I finally bought land with enough private space and land impact allowance to really experiment on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.