Is it possible to have like hotel on your land? So you can rent it to other people?

Subtelite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So like owning a land and having some dedicated place for other players who wish to rent it, maybe ones without membership? So they can have own worm farms on rented place? I don't know if this is possible or similar to this, but if is, can someone please give me some guidance or links on howto?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

yes, it is possible and thousends do it, it's just as renting out sims, parcels, skyboxes.

I'm not sure the Q & A section is the place to go explain in detail how to do it.

In basic it is : you own land, subdivide it, rent out the divided parcels.

For a start i'd recommend to use the search box at top of these pages and read related posts in the forum and knowledgebase

Certainly!

Almost any kind of setup can be arranged.  For example, on my own land I have a high rise condo tower with ten rental units in it, as well as some detached rental homes, skyboxes, and some liveaboard yacht slips.

Before you jump into the land rental business, though, you should thoroughly understand how land works in Second Life...how to buy it, subdivide it, terraform it, set or deed it to a group.  How to advertise it, how much you can charge, and many other things.  The best way to learn about land is to rent or own some, for your own personal home.

I teach a class on basic land topics at Caledon Oxbridge University on Fridays at 5 pm SL Time.  It's free to attend!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.