Is access permissions granted for planes & boats after land purchase on estates?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I noticed a differance when trying to "expand" my experience at another estate on the SL Grid. My flying the jet or plane keeps crashing in mid-air and sitting in the rezzed on water keeps placing my avatar in the passenger seat, instead of the drivers seat. Are these incidents the result of (control permissions) for non-paying parcel owners of land estates as a visitor?

Note: I do have land purchase at a estate, with granted access to sail boats & fly planes, with monthly payments for a parcel.

2 answers to this question

I don't quite understand what you are asking, mostly because I am not sure how you are using the word "experience".  If you are an estate owner and if you are a Premium member, you can enable an Experience on each region in your estate.  You do need to enable it explicitly in the Region/Estate tools in About Land.  Once that is done, the Experience will be available anywhere on any of your regions.

If you are using the word "experience" more generically, then once you cross from one region to another, you may indeed find that the new region does not allow object entry.  That's up to the owner of the region.  If it's not allowed, you will be unseated and you'll fall to the ground.

There are many hazards associated with vehicular travel in SL!

• Void.  When you try to fly or sail (or walk) from one region into an area where there is no other region, you appear to hit an invisible wall.  I suspect this is what's happening in your case.  Look on the World Map and see what is next door to your region.  If it is blank blue, and there is no region name in the map square, it's Void...only a placeholder on the map.  There is nothing there, and it's impossible to go there.
  • Ban lines.  If you run into a spiderweb of yellow "police tape", that's parcel ban lines.  They only extend up to 50 meters above the terrain, so to avoid them, just fly a little higher.
  • Skyboxes.  Unlike RL, the Second Life sky is full of floating obstacles.  Set your draw distance high enough to see and avoid.
  • Parcel full.  If the parcel you try to fly into already has as many prims as it can support, you'll be kicked out, and probably crash onto the sea floor.
  • No Object Entry.  If the parcel owner has disallowed object entry, your vehicle will crash at the border.  Again, you'll likely wind up on the seabed nearby.
  • Sim Crossing.  Even if the region you're entering has none of the above hazards, if you cross a region border too fast, you won't give the servers time for the one you are leaving to hand you off to the one you're entering.  You may appear to lose control for a few moments, and then snap back to where you should be.  Or, in more extreme cases, it's the seabed again.  Cross region borders slowly, at right angles to the border, NOT at the corner between three or four regions, and simplify your avatar by detaching unneeded items before venturing aloft.

There are things you can do to mitigate these hazards.

• Go slow.  Helicopters and hot air balloons are better vehicles for SL than fast jets.
  • Open the world Map.  This can give you advance warning of things like Void areas.  If you click your destination, you'll get a beacon you can fly toward, a handy guide.
  • Buy a "Ban Line HUD" device to give you advance warning of banlines and overly-full parcels.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.