If I join premium can I get a 'sailable' plot?

Tanderar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

no the premium parcels come with Linden Homes.

If you want a sailable parcel... you have to buy yourself, but of course use your free tier level for 512 sqm.

Note... a free 512 water parcel i wouldn't call sailable... only can rezz your deivice there and float. You need a huge amount of space to be able to sail.

When you buy or rent, a parcel next to the Blake Sea or joined canals, you would be able to use that to sail, and a land area to live on.

• Like 1

Alwin is right.  I just want to add that parcels on the Blake Sea or other sailable water are some of the most expensive to buy and 512sqm are pretty rare, although some do come up occasionally for sale.  You have to act fast though or they are gone.

I'd go for a Linden Home first, until you decide what you really want and can afford.  Then when you find something, abandon the home first, and then buy the land.  If you buy the land first you'll be billed for it as tier fees are billed based on the maximum amount of land you held in the past 30 days, even if it was only for a second.

• Like 2

They're right, unless you misspelled "saleable".  You cannot resell a Linden Homes parcel because you do not own it. You are renting it from Linden Lab, so it is non-transferable.  See the wiki page for Linden Homes, where you will find this along with other pieces of useful information:

You are not allowed to:

• Terraform Linden Home land, sell it, deed it to a group, join it with another parcel, or divide the land.
  • Like 1

There are three ways to get a parcel from which you can sail your boat.

1.  Private estate.  Some Estates are designed to provide considerable water area for sailing.  Two that come to mind are the FairChang regions (which recently moved, and now adjoin the Blake Sea) and the Fruit Islands.  You don't need to be a Premium member to lease land on a Private Estate.

2.  Own waterfront Mainland.  As the others have said, the initial purchase cost of land that adjoins large sailing areas can be high, when you can find a suitable parcel at all.  Fortunately, the tier is the same for waterfront parcels as for inland areas.  It's only the initial purchase cost that can be a problem.  None of the free Linden Home parcels adjoin sailing areas; you'll have to buy a parcel instead.

3.  Rent waterfront Mainland.  You don't have to be Premium to rent a place from another resident, and there is no up-front purchase cost.  The only thing you have to worry about is finding a reliable landlord.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.