I want to live in a community...but maintain/build my own land.

WillowRylee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I currently rent land from Red Light Center.  Great piece of land....

However, I would like to be in a more community type of place.  I want streets, sidewalks, neighbors, foot traffic....  Im not interested in ANY private regions.

I hear I need to join a role play community.....

Not sure what this entails but I'd prefer it wasn't sexual or fantasy based..... just a normal community.

Keep in mind tho I would like enough land that i can put my art gallery and home on... So I need land and most importanly enough prims. 

I'm even willing to buy the same type of streets or sidewalks used in the community to extend a place for me...

Im not sure if something like this even exists.....

Any fee back will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

5 answers to this question

there are communities on sl, but rarely as you describe.

Lot of them are RP based, so it's played a while as game, when they'r in the mood to play.

There are roads on mainland, but most have no communities, it's just roads with parcels around it.

The biggest point is... people don't really live in their home, they live on SL. Home is just a resting point, to relax, play and meet friends, but lot of activities, lots more than rl, are away from home at other locations, clubs, malls, hubs...and more...

Next to that, SL people live around the world, it's open 25h/7days .. all your neightbours could live in diferent time zones so you will never see them.

Some of the nicest "neighborhood" areas on the Mainland are in Bay City and the regions around it.  They are not role play areas, but they are bustling with activity.  People do live there, and they participate in events all the time. 

Whitney - 

Fantastic suggestions and info from the community so far, i figured I would just drop a few recommendations for "Normal Community" roleplaying sims. You may have come upon these in your travels or on the forum, but regardless here is a short list of places you can check out! I am sure each of these sims have their own guidelines for building, residency and roleplay, but at least you can see what SL has to offer. 

Cumberland City

Fairfield County

Bridgeport

Giano Properties

Community of Catawissa

Orchard Heights

Nightengale 

There are also several mainland communities that are quite nice but not always roleplay-focused. The East-River community is about as old as Bay-City. I have a small rental in a nice community up the road as well in Keswick/Coinston, the property managers are incredibly nice and flexible with what you can do within the community. There are also communities in the Blake Sea for more seafaring folks, might be worth looking into. Best luck in your search to find the perfect place! 

• Like 2

I know that the role play sim CRACK DEN has plots of land for sale that allows you to build. And this can be commercial or residential. Not really sure of any others but looking forward to seeing some of these suggestions. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.