I paid 28K for sim rental and owner re-rented keeping my L's. Will LL help or am I out $$.

TurkeyTx Wrigglesworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I paid my $28K recently for my homestead sim rental.   The owner raised my rates 3 days later and I moved my horse business off the sim.    I paid for an entire month and went back on my the sim to rezz various objects.   Without telling me or permission the owner re-rented the sim.   There are now residents on it.    I asked for a refund on the balance of unused time of 3 weeks and he refuses.  I have the transaction on my history.  Will LL help me in any way or am I just out nearly $90 US.    There was nothing in the covenant that said they could do this that I know of.    Any thoughts?  All I want is what is fair.

6 answers to this question

Unfortunately, Linden Lab will not intervene in resident-to-resident disputes.  It is unfortunate that your rent was raised so soon after you moved in and that the sim was rented out so soon after you had taken your activity off the sim.  The only thing you can possibly fall back on with the sim owner is the original agreement.  There should have been a covenant for the sim.  Do you have a copy?

Even if you can argue your points, the sim owner can do what he/she wants to do.  This is why many people decide to buy property on mainland.  It is owned by Linden Lab and you pay tier to them.   There are other estate managers (non-LL) who have been in business for a long time.  You may wish to check some of them out.  Good luck.

As others said, Linden Lab is no party in resident-to-resident disputes. See that in the "official" article of Linden Lab ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:I_rented_a_land_parcel_from_another_Resident_%28either_on_the_Mainland_or_in_a_private_region%29_and_it%27s_being_taken_back_from_me,_even_though_I%27ve_paid_the_agreed-upon_fees_or_rent. ):

Linden Lab does not enforce or uphold rental agreements between Residents.Please contact the Resident with whom you have a dispute, and request that they make good on the deal. While you may have a valid agreement with another person, Linden Lab is not a party to and cannot resolve your dispute. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.