I just upgraded to premium membership. How do i set my home location?

TrulyDivin3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You can set your Home position on any of the following:

• Land you own
  • Land that your group owns, or land that is "set" to a group, if you have permission to do this as one of your group abilities
  • Linden-owned public land

You set Home by standing on the land, then using the World menu/Set Home to Here command.

When you become Premium, you have the option to get a free Linden Home.  When you sign up for a Linden Home, you pick the style, and Linden Lab assigns you a home in that style.  They will send you an email with its location.  If you can't find the email, simply look on your Dashboard page under Land Manager/My Mainland.  The location will be shown there.

Go to your Linden Home.  Go inside, and set your Home position.  It's that easy...for you.  For your boyfriend, it's going to take more work.

Create a group.  Your group will need to have at least two members, or it'll be automatically deleted after 48 hours.  You could simply invite your BF as the second member, but I suggest that you make another account for yourself, an "alt."  Just go through the signup and registration process again to do this.  Invite your own alt to the group.  This insures that if you and your BF have a falling out sometime in the future, it won't affect the existence of your group.  Now go ahead and invite your BF to the group too...but do NOT assign him the Owner role.  Once done, this cannot be undone.

Once your BF is a member of your group, wear your group tag, stand in your home, and go to World/Parcel Details.  In the General tab of the About Land window, click the Set to Group button.  Now your BF can set his Home position to your Linden Home!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.