I am new at this and just got my premium home and its full already Can I get more prims for it?

HisCicci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life, HisCicci!

I'm afraid that the 117 prim limit for Linden Homes cannot be increased. Your two choices are:

1) Use lower Land Impact objects to decorate your home. This can be both challenging and fun. I've been in SL for more than seven years and I'm currently using less than 200 prims for all the furnishings in my lighthouse, plus a fully furnished skybox, a photo booth and two little contemplation spots. You can have a lot of fun with 117 prims, and the frugality you learn now will serve you well into the future.

2) You can increase your prim allowance by getting a larger parcel of land. This will require abandoning your Linden Home and purchasing mainland. You get 512m2 with your premium membership, and that's currently sitting under your home. If you abandon the home, you can elect to increase your monthly payment to obtain a larger plot of land. Here's the fee schedule...

http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

The primary benefit of owning a Linden Home is that the home itself doesn't count against the prim limit. You can find low prim houses, but even if you pay an additional $5/mo for an additional 512m2 of land, you'll still have only 234 prims to work with and the house is going to eat some of that.

Land is the most expensive thing in SL, and if you want a lot of it (even if just to get a big prim allowance) you're going to spend a lot of money.

Fortunately, the people of SL are mostly cost-free.

Have fun!

;-).

Nope. The number of prims (land impact allowance) on land anywehere in SL is tied directly to the land area.  All Linden Homes are on parcels that are 512 sq m., and they all have exactly a 117 prim allowance.  If you want to have a larger alowance, you'll have to abandon your Linden Home and buy a larger piece of land somewhere else.  If you buy anywhere on the Mainland, your Premium land fee waiver will work the same way it does with a Linden Home parcel -- the monthly fee for the first 512 sq m is covered in full by your waiver.  (Your waiver does not work if you are buying land in a private estate -- not the Mainland.)  If you decide to live elsewhere, remember that your house will count in the land impact on any parcel outside of the Linden Homes regions.  Your Linden Home does not count in its parcel's land impact.

Many people can live quite happily in a Linden Home for year, although those homes are designed as "starters".  They give you a chance to get used to land ownership on a limited scale, and they force you to learn early lessons about saving prims.  Shop wisely, looking for furniture and other items with the lowest prim count (land impact) that you can find, while looking for the best quality available.  Rez only items that you really need to have in your home, or replace less-used items as you find new exciting ones. 

Maddy and Rolig have given you excellent advice.  I will add a further comment:  If you find that you have no prims left, you should check to make sure that there are no objects on your Linden Home parcel that belong to someone else.  For example, someone might have flown a vehicle over your parcel and crashed, leaving the vehicle floating somewhere high above your home, sucking up part of your prim allowance.

Go to World/Parcel Details and open the About Land window.  Click the Objects tab, and then the circular Refresh button just above the lower half of that window.  If you see some stranger's objects listed, right click that entry and select Return.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.