Having access issues with my rented land

MarcoRuiz Dallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You'll just have to wait for the landowner to respond, I'm afraid. S/he has apparently changed something in either the region settings or the permissions for the renters group. Nobody else will be able to change it.

That is, assuming that the region is on line.  You did check that, yes?  Look in map view or simply try teleporting.  If you get a message that the region does not exist or is temporarily not in service, you can submit a support case to report a region off line.  Linden Lab typically responds to messages like that within a few minutes.

If the region is simply down you can Submit a Support Case requesting that the region be restarted.

However, the more likely possibility is that your land lord has abandoned their region. You pay a landlord. That have to pay Linden Lab. If they no linger are paring Linden Lab then the region is placed offline and eventually cleared and resold.

Unfortunately when you rent from a private party, you are trusting that they are honorable in their financial dealings and obligations. Clearly they let their island return to Linden Lab which takes a few weeks for them to foreclose on. This means that the previous owner probably knew that this action was about to occur.

These types of issues are classified by Linden Lab as Personal disputes and they won't get involved in them regarding the $Lindens exchanged.

Linden Lab will allow you to recover any rezzed items if you complete a Support Case by restoring the island on a scheduled basis exclusively for this purpose.

I'm so sorry you experienced this.

Always check into the reputation of a land owner before leasing from them and never pay too much ahead unless you have verified this reputation.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.