your outfit as your title

Lilith Quinzet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to know if there's any LSL scripting that can serve to give the name of your outfit as a title.

Reason: I'm on a superhero sim and I kinda want to only show the name of the identity I'm using without having to either swap titlers or to alter the titler itself. How can I?

Why not just wear your titler as part of your outfit?  An "outfit" is a collection of all the attributes that you assign to your av -- skin, shape, clothing, and all attachments.  So include a titler, and alter its text to be whatever you like.  When you change outfits, be sure that your new outfit has a different titler (or none).

It's going to have to be something equivalent to Rolig's suggestion of including the titler in the outfit, because an "outfit" has no meaning except as an organizer within your Inventory, so there's no way for a script to know directly that you've worn an outfit.

If for some reason you must continue to wear the same titler instance while changing outfits, it would be possible to add some other script to each outfit that clues-in your titler that a new outfit is being worn. Probably the simplest is just to have the titler listen on some channel, and have the outfit-embedded script llRegionSayTo() the owner, so all attachments get the message.

A recent development of tangential relevance is the fact that scripts can now use llGetAttachedList() to identify all visible attachments, so your titler can get the object name of everything in the worn outfit. That could be awfully messy and complicated data unless each outfit gets at least one easily idenifiable "outfit namer" attachment. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.