llSetRegionPos()

Kennethh Yamdev

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings.  I am having a hard time figuring out how to use llSetRegionPos() in my script. Maybe there is a better way to go about this. But I have it where you click the object and llDialog() menu shows up with names of avatars with in range. I want to set it up so that when the name is clicked the object goes to that persons position. But I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. The script below I had some help writing and im not pro. I am learning and would say I am a moderate scripter. 

Any tips of help would be great. :)

//menu listener
integer listener;
integer sensorChannel;
// range and arc for the sensor
float range = 40.0;
float arc = PI;

integer i;
list avatarsKeys;
list avatarsNames;
menu(key user,integer channel,string title,list buttons)
{
listener = llListen(channel,"","","");
llDialog(user,title,buttons,channel);
//remove listener if there's no activity in menu
llSetTimerEvent(20.0);
}
integer randomNumber()
{
return (integer)(llFrand(99999.0) * -1);
}
{
on_rez(integer somettgh)
{
llSensor("","",AGENT,range,arc);
}
touch_start(integer total_number)
{
//only owner can access the menu
if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())
{
llSensor("","",AGENT,range,arc);
}
}
sensor(integer total_number)
{
integer i;
key tempId;
i = 0;
while ((i < total_number) && (i < 12))
{
tempId = llDetectedKey(i);
avatarsKeys = avatarsKeys + tempId;
avatarsNames = avatarsNames + llKey2Name(tempId);
i = i+1;
}
sensorChannel = randomNumber();
menu(llGetOwner(),sensorChannel,"Select an avatar ",avatarsNames);
}
listen(integer channel,string name,key id,string message)
{
if (channel == sensorChannel)
{
integer pos = llListFindList(avatarsNames,[message]);
if (pos > -1)
{
//When person choice is made. Move object to choice
llOwnerSay((string) message + " is youre choice.");
//  llSetRegionPos(); //Need to find out who/where
}
}
}
}

you need to set the position by getting the key of the avatar chosen,

and getting their object details... and define llSetRgionPos as an integer?

kinda like so?....

//menu listenerinteger listener;integer sensorChannel;// range and arc for the sensorfloat range = 40.0;float arc = PI;integer i;list avatarsKeys;list avatarsNames;menu(key user,integer channel,string title,list buttons){    listener = llListen(channel,"","","");    llDialog(user,title,buttons,channel);    //remove listener if there's no activity in menu    llSetTimerEvent(20.0);}integer randomNumber(){    return (integer)(llFrand(99999.0) * -1);}integer moved;    // llSetRegionPos is an integer.default{    on_rez(integer somettgh)    {    llSensor("","",AGENT,range,arc);    }        touch_start(integer total_number)    {         //only owner can access the menu        if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())        {        llSensor("","",AGENT,range,arc);        }    }        sensor(integer total_number)    {    integer i;    key tempId;    avatarsKeys = [];    avatarsNames = [];    i = 0;        while ((i < total_number) && (i < 12))        {        tempId = llDetectedKey(i);        avatarsKeys = avatarsKeys + tempId;        avatarsNames = avatarsNames + llKey2Name(tempId);        i = i+1;        }    sensorChannel = randomNumber();    menu(llGetOwner(),sensorChannel,"Select an avatar ",avatarsNames);    }            listen(integer channel,string name,key id,string message)    {        if (channel == sensorChannel)        {           integer index = llListFindList(avatarsNames,[message]);           if (index > -1)           {            //When person choice is made. Move object to choice           // the names & keys should share the same index since they are added simultaneously
key chosenKey = llList2Key(avatarsKeys,index); list details = llGetObjectDetails(chosenKey, ([ OBJECT_POS]) ); vector movePos = llList2Vector(details,0); llOwnerSay((string) message + " is youre choice."); moved = llSetRegionPos(movePos); //you can OwnerSay an error if moved == 0 } } }}

you can also use MoveToTarget for this ... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMoveToTarget

• Like 1

Ah that works perfect. I had thought that the same key and name I got for llDialog would have worked but I did not think to set another integer.
and I see you mentioned llMoveToTarget - That could work too, Ill slide that in there and see what I think. Probably get the same results but hey, it helps practice.

Kennethh Yamdev wrote:

Ah that works perfect. I had thought that the same key and name I got for llDialog would have worked but I did not think to set another integer.

Just to clarify, llSetRegionPos() requires a vector as an argument and returns an integer -- either TRUE (1) or FALSE (0)  -- depending on whether the function succedes in moving the object to the target position.  

You can, if you wish, say something like

if(llSetRegionPos(movePos){ //if I have successfully moved to movePos.			//do something		}		else {//Oops! movePos is not an accessible destination for some reason.			//do some error handling		}

but  it's not compulsory.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.