llSetPrimMediaParams Frame Load Interrupted by Policy Change

Tanshin Denothar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm attempting to set up a little media prim for myself so I can play some of the videos that I host on my website. After I got the code setup I was able to view files (.mp4) no problem. Websites worked fine as well. Fast forward a few hours and now I'm seeing the "Frame load interrupted by policy change" error whenever I try to view any type of media (video or audio; websites still work).

I'm not entirely sure what is causing this...

I'm using Viewer 2.

From what I can see from a quick Google search, it appears to be a bug introduced in a recent Safari upgrade.  From Apple user's forum, for example ....

"This appears to be a bug/feature of Safari or one of the recent security updates. I am working on a web site where users download files and Safari is giving me this error. My production site also gives me this error and I would have noticed that earlier. It must be from the recent security update.

The cause is when a web site broadcasts a "fake" link to a file. You click on the link and a script, behind the scenes, generates the appropriate HTTP headers for the file you can and sends said file back to the user. I guess technically the frame load is being interrupted."

Perhaps it's a general webkit issue in that case.

What irritates me is I'm literally just going to a link for an .mp4 file (this is my test file: http://nintendoaddict.com/slfilms/Logoreveal.mp4 )

There's also http://nintendoaddict.com/downloads/cone.mp4

Sometimes it gives me that error, other times it just gives me a white screen.

EDIT: On second thought... perhaps it's because I don't have Quick Time on here. I had it on my laptop but I had to reinstall Windows on my desktop yesterday. That probably has something to do with it!

• 2 months later...

Hello, one of our professors is getting the same message appearing on a video display in SL. It works great on a mac, but shows the Frame load message on PC's. I have updated quicktime, java and flash player non IE. I have tried to clear my cache as well. Any suggestions?

I suspect that's a difference in how quicktime is implemented on the mac and PC, I imagine it has tighter integration on macs, and there may be a forwarding issue or slow call in the PC version. I'm not sure how you'd fix that but I imagine it would be down to changing how the page is put together.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.