llRezAtRoot is only rezzing small prims

MaxMum Panache

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a script that rezzed from a list of objects.  It has been working fine for hundreds of times then I loaded a set of objects including 10x10x30 prims.  Now its not working.  I put a debug print in to make sure the card is being read and the rez loop is being executed.   These are fine.  The script is working but the llRezAtRoot is just not rezzing.  I put a smaller copy of the same objects in too.  It rezzes these fine but still ingnores the larger versions... I tried just a llRezObject command and it rezzes things fine.  All I can think is that there is some size problem using the llRezAtRoot that I can't find any thing about.

Find the scripts at: http://pastebin.com/uwyLvXYN

Size isn't likely to be the issue.  Unless llRezAtRoot fails because you've exceeded the prim allowance, it's usually because you're trying to rez something more than 10m from the rezzer.  I haven't taken the time to dig through your script to understand how you are defining the position where you want your objects to rez, but that's where I would start looking if I were you.

steph Arnott wrote:

The 10m distance can be over come by rezzing the object at zero rezz point and then moving to the required position.Biuld rezzer script work this way.

Even better: move the rezzing prim to the rez position before rez

This way you don't have to script the rezzed prim

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

steph Arnott wrote:

The 10m distance can be over come by rezzing the object at zero rezz point and then moving to the required position.Biuld rezzer script work this way.

That's a fine method.  Most of us have used it at one time or another, and it's much easier these days since Linden Lab introduced the llSetRegionPos function.  As Dora notes, though, it does mean adding scripts to your rezzed objects as well as to the rezzer.  If you have mod perms, that's no problem.  If you're rezzing someone else's objects and can't add a script to them, though, this option is out.  In that case, as Dora says, you move the rezzer instead. 

BTW, unless you plan on moving the newly-rezzed object again, the responsible thing to do is delete the extra script once it has done its job.

I actually jumped the rezzer to each point (using llSetRegionPos) and rezzed and this works very fast and does not appear to move building pieces around... it seems to just pop into place and works on no-mod objects that you can't put scripts in which was the point of the script.

I like this much better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.