llGetExperienceDetails()

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been studying the new Experience functions now that they are finally available.

At http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetExperienceDetails, the returned list elements include "[string experience_name, key owner_id, key experience_id, integer state, string state_message, key group_id]"

Nowhere does it say what "state" or "state_message" are.

Any clue?  The other new Experience functions seems to be documented a little better.

Thanks!

Well, no.  The right-hand column in that table is actually quite helpful.  For example, I find the message XP_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETERS rather vague, but have found that the description "One of the string arguments was too big to fit in the key-value store" is pretty useful.  Same with XP_ERROR_NO_EXPERIENCE , which sounds like a slam against me as a scripter until I discover that it means "This script is not associated with an experience".   That's an error I still make a lot, because I forget to check the box at the bottom of the script editor.  

That table is most useful as a reference when you are trying to make sense of the data that come back from the dataserver whenever you use llReadKeyValue, llCreateKeyValue, or the other basic KVP functions.  If the first returned parameter is "0", the second one is an integer that references column #2 in that table.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.