llAttachToAvatarTemp fails at any hud attach points

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,,,,,,having trouble getting llAttachToAvatarTemp(ATTACH_CENTER_1); to attach a hud object.  All of the Hud attach locations  fail silently.  It does ask   for permissions to attach... , i click yes... but then silently fails to attach.

It works fine  on all other Attach points on the body....but fails at hud attach points.

Anyone else seeing this issue:   or have a way to  make llAttachToAvatarTemp  command  work for hud attach points?

thanks for any help....

That's strange.  It should work for any attachment points, including HUDs.  Remember, of course, that an object does need to be rezzed before you can attach it with llAttachToAvatarTemp, since the person will not be attaching it from inventory.  The way I have done temp attach HUDs is to rez the HUD and then use llSetRegionPos to get the rezzed HUD close to the target av before using llAttachToAvatarTemp.

Thank  you Miss Loon  and Miss Corvair for your quick helpful response.

I found that  it works fine with my friend who is using a different viewer.  I suspect  that my very much older cool viewer is  why its not working.  Ill up_date  my old viewer later tonite  and  see if this has fixed it for me.

Thanks again

dd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.