commercial doors suddenly won't drag/copy

Edward Ballinger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have AeonVox commercial doors I've used for several years.  Normally when building, I link two doors to a prim with its repeats set, then drag a copy to use for the next doors.  For the past few days, when I drag a copy, the copy doesn't work for me, although if I sell the linkset to someone else, it works for them.  The creator, Kenn Nilsson, has left SL, but why won't the copy work for me?

I'm not sure what the heck this is, so I couldn't even rule out the possibility of it being a script problem.

If it was as the thread title describes, then it certainly could be something like the Edit Linked setting, but reading the post it seems that Shift-Drag Copy is successfully creating copies, but then the copies won't operate --but only when owned by the poster. I'm assuming that the Build Tool isn't even open when the problem is encountered.

I wonder if there's still a problem when a different viewer is used.

[ETA: I guess I'd also want to confirm that it's really the *copy* that doesn't work, or the original, where the original is the instance that you drag away in the editor, leaving the copy behind. Also, I'd wonder if "doesn't work" means "not running" at all -- whether either a Reset or Set Running of all scripts in the object make any difference. It seems extraordinarily unlikely that this could be because of some new behaviour of scripts in SL.]

Good point. The OP kinda says both "won't drag" and "won't work after copy". Issa puzzle.

Maybe could also recommend Reset Scripts in Selection - perhaps the 'scripts' are doing something on CHANGED_OWNER.

I think the OP's gonna have to come back and explain a little more clearly.

Don't shift-drag copy but take copy and rez it. Does that make a difference? 

Without knowledge of the script I can't say anything about the problem itself.

However - if you give the object to someone else most scripts will run a changed owner event and most scripts tend to reset themselves then. So I see no miracle that scripts you gave to someone else work - they were resetted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.