best way to monitor sensor-script lag?

helsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently put 16 sensors carpets (size 50m x 50m) with the function of record who entered the site and are working perfectly.

My question is:

what is the best way to monitor whether these sensors are causing slowness in my region?

Thanks

nowadays , nobody scripts a sim-monitor with sensors to record who enters and who leaves

Either  we use a phantom invisible mega prim at the size of your parcel  with a collision_start and collision_end event ( if there are no rez and no object entry in the parcel)  , either we use the function llGetAgentList inside a timer

You may call too llGetRegionAgentCount to detect some changes in the sim and reduce the number of calls to llGetAgentList.

And don t call some functions if you may  call them later once time  when you generate the report .

For instance , if you want the names of the people , don t call some function to collect the names and don t store the names in your script : but wait the end of day and use later  llRequestUsername with your stored keys

I somewhat doubt that periodicly converting keys to names via llRequestUsername() is more efficient than immediately acquiring a name via llKey2Name(). The latter method doesn't use any resources to speak of while the former returns the result via dataserver. Besides, storing names takes less memory than storing keys as most names are shorter than 36 bytes so more could be stored.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.