VICE Script Help Needed!

DonnaMitchell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am in the process of building a couple guns for my groups RP in a WW2 setting. We will be using VICE as it is what all others in the area uses. 

I am stuck on a small issue. I need to "deactivate" the gun when "sling/holster" is used. I already have the alpha toggles working, but the "draw" weapon is still "active". 

How do I make it so the animations and other scripts "stop" whn I sling or holster the gun?

Any help would be appreciated.

It's very difficult to give anything other than generic advice without seeing what your script looks like.  The mechanical answer is that you use llStopAnimation to stop any looping animation and you send link messages or chat signals to other scripts if you want them to do something.  Exactly how you do that depends on the logic of your own scripts.

Well, I am using the VICE scripts that come with the free package VICE SDK v1.2.0 (Free!). This is what builders use when they install VICE in their vehicles and guns etc. The script in question is the "VICE Trigger and HUD". 

I was able to find and use an alpha toggle script that switches between the "holstered/sling" and "draw" guns. The only thing that i am having trouble with is how to turn off animantions and disable the gun when in "sling/holster" mode.

I have asked this question in the VICE Users group, but didnt get much of a response there. I was hoping someone here could help as I am not very knowledgable in scripting.

Hmm.. Unfortunately, that would have been my next suggestion. I don't have the faintest idea what VICE is, and I don't think very many people outside of their user group would have any idea what goes on in their scripts. If you can't get any response in the user group, you'll have to find a scripter who uses that system.  I'd suggest trying to hire someone through the InWorld Employment forum.

1) its not exactly what you want, but when holstered the script could say in localchat "vice off". 

- gun would not fire

- but now YOU could not be shot/wounded, which is likely not what you want

2) i *think* script could say in localchat "reload_state 0" to disable (empty) gun

- and then "reload_state 2" to reload and enable gun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.